Pair Programming: Benefits and Use
- We need a little more here. Please share any ideas. -MF
- add information about P5 Communicating and P6 Collaborating
what collaboration can look like:
- working on one project together with one computer (taking turns at the keyboard)
- passing the code back and forth and taking turns working on it asynchronously
- working on separate projects that use similar code and sharing ideas and programming solutions
- can be done while physically in the same location, or collaboration could be virtual etc.
- add link to sharing page
Pair Programming should be practiced regularly in BJC classrooms. You may wish to assign partners or to let students choose, and you may choose to have students stick with the same partner for a while or to switch every day.