This page has been included to help keep teachers informed of the developers' current progress revising this curriculum.
- Last site update on 1/3/17: made Unit 3 Lab 4, Combining List Operations, an optional "Teacher's Choice" lab.
- Update on 11/17/16: changes/additions to Performance Task materials: added a Student Performance Tasks Page and simplified the existing Teacher Performance Tasks Page.
- Update on 11/5/16: additions to Teacher Guide for Unit 2 Lab 6 and Unit 3 including the Lab Goals, assessment ideas, mathematical notes, and solutions; added Alternate Links page for edX BJC Videos; fixed buggy
proxied HTTP block in Unit 4 Lab 1.
- Update on 10/24/16: moved Unit 3 Lab 6: Encryption to Unit 2 as it includes content designed to prepare students for the AP Explore Task.
- Update on 10/8/16: addition of BJCx videos to Teacher Guide Lab pages and complete list on Teacher Resources page, changes to Unit 2 Lab 2 Page 2 problems 1 and 2 (to make them more doable), other more minor changes to Unit 2 student pages, and significant changes to the Unit 2 Teacher Guide including the addition of Lab Goals, assessment ideas, mathematical notes, and solutions.
- Update on 9/19/16: very few changes to the student materials (mostly typos), but significant changes to the Unit 1 Teacher Guide, namely: the addition of "Goals for the Lab" designed to help teachers target the essential skills learned on each student page, ideas for assessment, mathematical notes where we thought they would be helpful, and official solutions.
The 2016-2017 version of the site will remain relatively static throughout the school year. There may be minor changes (such as correcting typos, editing images, or teacher guide updates) but no major unit restructuring. For example in August, we marked a number of labs and pages as optional, but they have not been removed from the curriculum so as to maintain consistency for teachers familiar with these labs.
For 2017-2018 there will be a new version that will be made available sometime in the summer of 2017.
Please use the blue feedback button to offer feedback. Suggestions encouraged!
Note: If you are looking for old content, there are two older versions of this curriculum available: Sept 2015 (Sept 2015 TG) and Aug 2016 (Aug 2016 TG).