Sharing Your Game
The game isn't nearly finished, but it's finished enough. On this page, you will share your project, with your partner and with friends who have smartphones.
Create a link to share your app.
Creating a Link
- Make sure your project is saved.
- Choose "Open..." from the Snap! File menu, .
- Select the project you want to share from the project list (your current project is likely named "U1L1-ClickAlonzo").
To locate a file, you can type in the search bar at the top to see only a list of matching files (see the example on the right, where only "U1" files are shown).
- Click "Share," and then click "Yes" to share. Then click "Cancel" to close the menu.
- Now, the URL (the link) at the top of the browser window has changed. Copy the new URL, and email it to yourself. When you have time, you can send it to someone else to share the project.
If you change something in the project after sharing it, the changes are reflected in what other people see. You don't have to re-share it.
If you are working with a partner, make sure you both have a copy.
Saving a Copy of a Project
Change who is logged in to Snap!
- Open the cloud menu, , and choose "Logout." Don't leave the Snap! window or exit the browser.
- Let your partner log in to Snap!.
- Save the project in the second partner's account so that you both have a copy.
The partner has a copy—not a shared file. So, if one person changes the project their account, it will not change in the other person's account; they will need to save it to their account again to have the change.
Putting the Game on Your Phone
Blue "If There Is Time" boxes have optional activities that are not required for this course. If you finish everything else on the page early, try these instead of jumping ahead to the next page. If you have a smartphone, you'll definitely want to click this one.
Load your game on a mobile device.
Loading a Snap! Project on Apple iOS
- On your mobile device, open Safari, and type the project URL (link) for your project.
- At the bottom of the Safari screen, tap the share icon, , and then select "Add to Home Screen" from the menu that appears.
Loading a Snap! Project on Android
- On your mobile device, open Chrome, and type the project URL (link) for your project.
- Tap the settings icon, ☰, and then select "Add to homescreen" from the menu that appears.
- Make sure you can open the project just like any other app on your phone's home screen.